Nutrition Challenge – Week 6
Posted on Jun 10, 2013
Week 6: Nutrition Challenge Monday thru Sunday!
SET A goal!!! Incorporate a real 6 week goal and get it up on the brown paper at CrossFit. Do you want to lost 5 points. Lose 5 inches. Get 5 unsolicited compliments, Fit into a pair of jeans hanging in closet. Learn Good from bad Carbs, Learn to be more disciplined with cheats…choose a goal! The more specific the goal the more likely you will achieve it!
Start with 10 points. And add and/or subtract based on being good or bad:) At end of week submit Score via comments section of this post!
* Plan out 3 cheats for the week and stick to those 3. No EXTRA or Opportunistic Cheats! subtract 1 point for any cheat other than your 3 planned! Even if it was your 1st cheat of the week – if it was opportunistic and not planned ahead of time, it is a minus 1:(
* Every Day this week (Monday – Sunday) drink 60 oz of water and eat 4 veggies. Every day. Subtract 1 for each day you miss on water and each day you miss on 4 veggies.
*Cheats from now on forward include bad carbs! Bad carbs are those that cause insulin spikes such as bread (even whole wheat) pasta, popcorn, rice, potatoes. ALL cereal, 100 calorie packs and crackers! These carbs trigger your body to store fat:( Instead of these bad carbs go for good carbs that are lower on the glycemic index scale…High GI means insulin spike = store fat….low GI = no spike. Healthy carbs include beans, apples, oranges, berries, oatmeal. Some fruits are high on the GI scale and should be eaten sparingly (watermelon and bananas for example).. Google the GI of any food and it will be noted as low medium and high. Avoid high, eat Medium sparingly, and choose low on GI INdex for your carbs!
*No picking..yup this includes tasting and picking while cooking, grabbing the almonds in the grocery bag to snack on while driving home, etc. No picking even on food we know is healthy. I’m trying to reinforce eating 5/6 times a day (meals and snacks) and to practice the discipline and planning it takes to not pick at food just because it’s in front of us. If you are going to be on a long grocery trip PACK A SNACK – as long as it’s your planned snack you will not have to deduct points. Be more prepared so you don’t have to dig stuff out of the grocery bags and be more mindful about not eating a tsp of peanut butter … when you pass the jar! The calories add up quick!
* Alcohol is now a cheat – so include it in as a planned cheat or any unplanned are -1. If you attempt to lower the calories your serving size can be 2, otherwise it’s 1. For example if I plan a cheat of beer on a Friday: 1 regular beer would b a cheat or 2 Mich Ultras. Or 1 glass of wine or 2 wine spritzers with a 0 calorie spritzer or 1 rum & coke or 2 Rum and DIET Cokes. Yes alcohol is now a cheat!
* There are many many foods linked to cancer prevention! Some examples are walnuts, cherries, red grapes, green tea, tomato sauce, etc. Eat 2 of these cancer preventing foods every day!
* NEW: Put it all together this week and try real hard to have a perfect week – yes shoot for 20 points!!!!! Everything you need to eat healthy is listed, it’s our last week, do it up!
Bonus: Post something worth sharing with all (recipe, motivation, etc) – this is worth 5 point. Do the homework posted for the week (worth 5 points).
Points: 10 + Bonus 5 point for posting/sharing + Bonus 5 point for doing Homework posted on website = 20 points Max
20 points for week 5!
19 points week 6
19 points week 6!
15 points – did homework and posted it.
20 points week 6
20 points…FINALLY!!! 🙂
20 points for week 6